Thursday, July 31, 2008

Drive-Free, Day 4

Well, today was a fun day. We had a late night last night, so we slept in until about 8:30. We had violin at 10, so we were in a bit of a hurry to get ready in time. I wanted to leave at 9 because I didn't know how long it would take us to get there. I left Porter at home babysitting Turner and just brought the three musicians and the baby. I had Regan in the bike trailer with the baby because we had to go on a busy street and I didn't want her to ride on it. Too scary. We had a very uneventful trip. There was a lot more traffic than usual because we had to pass by the fairgrounds and the fair is going on right now. The trip there was pretty easy. We stopped a couple of times to let the fire in our legs go out. Landon and Regan enjoyed playing with Landon's best friend Riley and his little sister Anna while Hayden was having his violin lesson. Hayden and I took a quick detour to the post office before we picked them up. The ride home was a little more difficult, mostly because our legs were already tired, but also because it was more uphill on the way home. It was actually uphill both ways... (7.2 miles roundtrip including the post office run)

Cooper sleeps in the weirdest positions! Notice that Regan had to share her seat with Hayden's violin.

The other two violins fit in the back of the trailer.

We stayed home for the rest of the afternoon. The kids played outside with all the neighborhood kids. I attached the bike trailer to Landon's bike and the kids all took turns taking each other for rides. They had a good time. Hayden had a scout camp meeting at the Nisqually building tonight (about 8 miles) so he rode his bike to that. Dix picked him up on his way home from work. So it was a successful car free day for me today.




Tomorrow: We're riding the city bus to the Farmer's Market.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'm so glad you had such a successful car free day today! Good job! Those pictures are awesome, BTW.

Unknown said...

I had the best of intentions to ride our bikes all day yesterday, but it was just too hot and humid! You amaze me girl!

Mahaffey Family said...

I love the photo of Regan & Cooper in the bike trailer. I thought she had her doll with her at first glance! It's great to have kids that can sleep through anything! This is how Ashlyn looks in the bike trailer, it always puts her to sleep. I'm so impressed with how you are doing this no car thing!