Monday, July 14, 2008

Tagged by Brenda

3 Joys: My kids (most of the time), my hubby (most of the time) and chocolate.


3 Fears: Making phone calls (I know, stupid, but I haven't grown up yet), swimming in lakes (a must for doing triathlons--yikes!), and Porter becoming a teenager.


3 Goals: Completing a triathlon, completing my reading list for the year (I'll post it later), having a car-free week this summer. No driving at all. We have to use public transportation or bicycles.


3 Obsessions: I kind of have an obsessive personality, so I'm obsessed with a lot of stuff. Hmmm....let's see. Baking bread, reading to my kids (especially anything by or about Laura Ingalls Wilder!), and (duh!) chocolate.



3 Surprise Facts: Not too much here. I'm pretty open about myself, so I don't know if there are any real surprises. But I'll dig deep...1)I love riding my bike and if I could, I would sell my car and just ride everywhere. 2)I want to live on a commune with my family (parents and sibs included). We want to raise our own organic animals and crops. Yes, we're a bunch of hippies. 3)I spent an entire year of school (kindergarten!) without talking to a soul. My parents got me tested to make sure I wasn't ummm, well, slow. I was really shy and apparantly a little manipulative. I still struggle with the shyness (the phone calling issues!) but few people can believe it.

Now, I tag Carolyn and Donna.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Wow! I just learned so much about you! Swimming in lakes can be pretty scary. I did it all the time as a kid, but they're dark and every once in a while a piece of sea weed or something wraps around your ankle...spooky! (I'm not helping with the fear, am I?)

And the commune...who knew? I could never do that! I think I'd go beserk if I had to live with all my siblings again. Seriously. A crime would be committed and I'd end up on Dateline...