
This is the only picture of good hair you'll see on me in this post. The reason that I'm including it is that it was the beginning of the end. The end of my cute years. It was my first haircut. I was six years old. I looked cute for a few weeks, but my darn hair grows so fast that it wasn't too long before I needed another haircut again. I'm afraid my hair was a lot to take care of. Too thick, slightly wavy, really coarse. It never would lay flat and nice.

So then I went through the years that I looked like a boy. Probably didn't help that I was usually up in the top of a tree.

And then I got a perm. Not too bad at first, I guess.

But then it grew out.

Some options for dealing with really thick hair.
1. The side ponies. Usually reserved for the preschool set, but in this case of a preteen girl, it really works. You go girl.

2. The hat method. Looking good, wouldn't you say?

3. Two barrettes. Really, it's a classic look.

4. Made even better with fancy barrettes.

5. Part in the middle and let it hang. Frankly, I'm so distracted by the teeth in this picture that it's hard to pay attention to the bad hair.

6. Cut some of it off and sport a girl mullet. Yikes.

7. Or just cut it all off and let the wind blow it dry. Double yikes.

Note my "tail" on the left (my right) side of my neck. I thought I was so stylish!

Then I started feathering. Couldn't get a really good feather because of the amount of hair. It's more like a whole wing.

Then I did a new wave do. Just chopped off one side. Pretty gnarly, eh?

The curly bob. I've gone back to this many times. On good days it can look okay. On bad days, it's just wide.

But wide hair was good cheerleader hair. It was really bouncy.

This is the epitome of bad hair. Really wide. This is why I don't let my hair grow past my shoulders anymore. And why I don't get perms anymore.

Thanks for journeying with me to the land of bad hair. Hope I don't return any time soon!
3 comments:
That was fun! I always thought you had great hair! I'd give anything for mine to be that thick! :)
I loved this Les! Perhaps I'll document my own sad hair trends some day. By the way, nice legs!
the last one is just plain frieaky!!
Post a Comment