Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mystery solved

I have wondered why Landon always has money. I have also wondered what happens to all the spare change that I find in the washing machine. I always put everything I find in the laundry in a little plastic box in my laundry room, so if anyone is ever missing anything (think pocket knives, spare change and an occasional cell phone), they know where to look.

A few days ago I found a gold coin in the washer that said, "Vacuum Token" on it. Dix had obviously been to a service station to vacuum out his truck but hadn't used all the coins. I dropped it into my little plastic box and went about my day. Yesterday Landon came to me with an amazed look on his face. "Mom! Look at my coin! I don't know where it's from! Can you read it to me?" I think he thought it was from a foreign country or something, so he was somewhat disappointed when he learned it was just a vacuum token. But what he DOESN'T know is that he solved the mystery of the missing pocket change for me! So now when he asks to go to the corner store, I'll hold back my smile and ask him if he'll treat.

2 comments:

Gillian said...

Good job, Sherlock! The case of the missing coins is now solved! :)

Donna Shoop said...

That is so funny! I can see Keagan doing something like that.