We settled on a 24 lb box of apricots for $25 and a half flat of raspberries. We also got a bag of really funky looking carrots. We were done a lot faster than I had anticipated, so we hurried back to the bus stop to see when the next bus would leave. We had about 15 minutes, so the two big boys walked across the street to a bike shop while I waited (and munched apricots) with the four little kids. The bus ride home was also pretty uneventful except for pulling the "stop the bus" cord several times. Luckily the bus driver was very patient with kids.
As we got off the bus (45 minutes later), Turner thought we were leaving him and he yelled, "Don't forget me!" Everyone on the bus burst out laughing and the bus driver assured him that she wouldn't let me leave without him. It was difficult getting the stroller out of the bus since it was loaded with a 36 lb Turner, 24 lbs of apricots, and several pounds of raspberries. Plus I didn't realize that Hayden had locked the front wheels so they wouldn't turn.
We enjoyed homemade bread with fresh raspberry freezer jam this afternoon and the kids ate their weight in apricots. Tomorrow I'll make apricot cooked jam.
This afternoon I realized that it was Friday and that I hadn't registered Porter for bowling camp yet. His friend Nathan is doing it next week and wants Port to do it with him. I had to run down to city hall to do it and just didn't have it in me to cycle or ride the bus. So I drove. Yes, I cheated. But I also hit the library and the post office on my way home, to make the most of the gallon of gas that I used. But then I realized that I dropped my letter to the IRS in the mailbox without a stamp. Whoops. I guess I'll be seeing it again in a few days.
Only one more day of drive free week. We're cheating and making it a six day week because it's really not practical for us to get to 9 am church without a car. Maybe next summer when we have 11 am church we can do that.
1 comment:
You get an "A" for effort. Taking several kids on a city bus is no small task. I'll be arriving soon to sample your homemade bread and jam.
Post a Comment