The good news is that Dix worked at home today. The bad news is that he worked at home because he was getting the window in his truck replaced. While he was at work yesterday (yes, in the middle of the day!), somebody busted out the driver’s side window and stole my Dad’s Magellan (GPS) that we were borrowing while they're on their mission. There was no deductible to get the window replaced (we also replaced the windshield since it had two cracks), but unfortunately there is a $500 deductible to replace any stolen items. So basically, we get to take the bite. Welcome to our world! So at least we have a year before Mom and Dad get back and they’ll actually need it again. And by then, it would be time to upgrade anyway!
But for more good news, since Dix was at home today, we had an early dinner and then loaded up and went to the trail. We let Turner ride his bike for the first time and he did just great! In fact, he did better than a certain little girl who certainly wasn’t a gazelle this time. We need to go pick up Landon’s old bike from my brother's house and let Turner start riding it. We’re tired of him riding a pink bike. I think he may actually be ready to take the training wheels off, too, so we can teach Regan and Turner both! We got on the trail at 45th and rode down to Chamber’s Lake at 14th or wherever that is. Turner had had a four hour nap, so we were trying to get him worn out. I think it worked! He went to bed with no problems tonight!
My neighbor dropped off about five boxes of Hostess goodies tonight that were leftovers from Camp Helaman (Hayden is now even more excited for Camp Helaman in three years!). We took a box of them with us on our bike ride and we had a fun snack at our halfway point. Most of the kids had never even eaten anything “Hostess” before, so they were pretty excited. I guess I’ll break out a box every day in the afternoon when there are a dozen or more kids in my basement so that they’ll go faster. They’re just unnatural!
The missionaries stopped by last night to ask me if I would help fellowship a lady that is investigating. I guess she’s a single mom with several kids. I went over to the church today to meet them there for her church tour, but she didn’t show up because her kids had head lice. So I expect I’ll get summoned again soon. There were two other investigators in Relief Society on Sunday. Our missionaries that we have in our ward right now are really sharp. I think I may have just gotten suckered into giving them haircuts. They overheard me telling Hayden that I was going to give him a haircut, so they asked if I give free haircuts. (They had just paid for theirs at Supercuts.) I told them that I would be happy to give free haircuts, but there is no guarantee as to how it will turn out. I told them to look at each of my kids’ and my husband’s hair, and if they liked what they saw, I would be happy to duplicate it on their heads. One of the elders still sounded interested. All I can say is, at least I do better than I did in High School. (Sorry about that one, Dale…and Carolyn.)
Tomorrow is a screen free day, although I’ve caved a little and told the kids that they could have a short email check in the morning and another before bed. And Porter is writing a book, so I told him that word processing would be okay. So in other words, no vegging on the computer and no video games or movies tomorrow. It’s supposed to be another beautiful day, so I anticipate some sprinkler running, some popsicle consumption, and some sunscreen and bug spray usage. I love Washington in the summer. The blackberry bushes were all in blossom today. I have a couple places picked out for August so I can get them by the bucketful. Yum yum.
Sorry, no pictures. It's not working right tonight and I'm tired.
2 comments:
That stinks about the GPS! I would be SO mad! :(
I don't go near my son or husbands hair (and Rob hardly has any left and I still won't cut it!). They've been seeing the same barber forever. Remember when I cut your hair in HS? Yikes!
Sorry about the GPS. No fun! Turner is hard core for biking that, it's hard work for a 3 year old. I want to hear the story behind the High School haircuts, sounds funny! We had fun at the park today, hope that Saturday works out.
Post a Comment