This is my designated drive free week. Meaning I won't drive my car this week. I'll use my bicycle or public transportation to do any errands that need to be done. I have been planning on doing this for months, and recently decided that this would be my week. And then my car conveniently broke down this weekend, so all the more reason to do it this week!
So Hayden is the only one with anything on his schedule today. He had swimteam and rode his bike there, as usual. I have some books on hold at the library and I would like to go to the Farmer's Market this week so I need to figure out how I will get there. We also have violin lessons on Thursday, so we'll probably cycle there. I think it's under 3 miles. Shouldn't be too bad.
5 comments:
It's going to be interesting to see how this one plays out. So is it just the work week that you're car free, or is it the weekend, too?
I want to try that! My kids are so resistant to riding their bikes here though. Bike lanes are pretty much nonexistent and sidewalks are few and far between. Let me know how it goes. Maybe my kids will be willing to follow your example.
I admit I could not do this, I am much too dependent on my van! I'm also lazy I guess, and don't want to haul 2 kids in the bike trailer around town! I am very impressed, you'll have to let us know how the week goes, was it easy to do?
Well, tell me how it goes. My life is pretty much car free now, because we sold the Jetta and moved here with only one car, and Mark has to use it. I'll participate in your drive free week anytime you would like. Way to go!!
That's challenging, especially with a big family! Do you just pack the baby on your bike and go? It's probably easier to do in the Summer than any other time, though. Less going on and decent weather. Good luck with this! Can't wait to hear how it all turns out! :)
Post a Comment