Luckily most of my kids have no sense of style (wonder if that's a genetic thing), so they don't really care that they're wearing hand me downs that originated in the 80's. Enter Hayden. He's now a teenager. He cares how he looks. He only wants to wear Adidas brand stuff. Nobody seems to be handing down any Adidas stuff to us these days. So I've been buying him generic "sporty" looking clothes, with a few Adidas things to make him feel better about it. Luckily there are good sales for back to school, and even better news...Fred Meyer had 40 percent off their already reduced clearance stuff this week. And there were a few Adidas things on it that Hayden liked.
So now that I have Hayden nearly clothed, I will buy one new outfit for each of the other boys (fill in the rest with more hand me downs), and I will go crazy for Regan. Because I want to.

This is what my kids wore to the first day of school last year. This is pretty much what they wore to school every day for the entire year, with the possible exception of a sweatshirt in the mornings, which would be crammed into their backpacks after school.
And this is what they wear pretty much every day, October through May, in Washington.
I guess I'd better get used to it.
2 comments:
Puh-lease go crazy with Regan's wardrobe. She'll be soooo cute! Not that I have any kind of ulterior motive here.
Post a Comment