Saturday, October 4, 2008

General Conference

I just thought I would post some pictures of what life is like at our house during General Conference. We don't have cable TV, but we get it really well on the internet. So gone are the days of dressing up and sitting at the Stake Center for 8 hours on Conference weekend (and 10 hours for the big boys and men!).


We have a tradition of playing with Legos during conference. Cooper even played with them this time!
Ummm, apparently Dix has really embraced the "fashion" of the great NW. Which is--anything goes.
Carolyn worked on her knitting.
Hayden dozed off and Mark proceeded to annoy him in true Abersold fashion. He gave him a wet willy, tied his shoelaces to the couch, and we were beginning to do the old shaving cream/feather trick when he woke up. That's what you get for sleeping during conference!
I don't know who took this, and I know he wasn't really asleep. But Porter's lizard, Razor joined us for the afternoon session. It was really quiet for the whole session and I realized later that it was because Turner had figured out how to turn on the Wii all by himself. I guess we'll just be grateful for the quiet.

Porter is a newly ordained Deacon, so he went with the menfolk to the Priesthood session. It was fun for me to see my brothers (and in-law), my hubby and my sons all dressed up in the finest, heading off for the session (to be followed by a yummy dinner!).




Those of us left at home (the women and the children) had a delicious dinner of chili dogs and then we made some candy with the molds that I bought this week. We had a good time.

9 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

How fun to have a full house to watch conference together. I love Conference weekend, and can't wait until Dax can join his dad at Priesthood.

Gillian said...

Love the boys in their suits. They're turning into little men! :)

LMS said...

Looks like the saints in the Pacific NW enjoy the conference in the same fashion as the saints in Utah.

jacob said...

Porter congratulations on becoming a deacon. I've got to wait for next year. So, nice lizard. I didn't get to play with Lego's though. We had to hook our computer to the TV (we didn't have any channels that would connect to General Conference) and now that's how I'm writing this post. See yah!

Kathy Habel said...

Wow look at those boys of yours! So grown up!

Kathy Habel said...

And that room looks about like my house looks on Conference weekend! My kids are downstairs having a "Lego Party".

Donna Shoop said...

I was just getting ready to post my very similar pics of General conference...

AB said...

Wow! That looks fun. Ours didn't have legos, but was still an adventure.

Michelle said...

Looks like a fun relaxing day with a Lizard on your head????? You guys always crack me up! Dix is wearing some niiiiice duds there-Don't ya just love watching conference together?