Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Family Home Evening at the Olivers


Can I just say how jealous I am when I hear from my friends about how much fun they have playing board games with their kids? I love board games. I just haven't quite figured out how to manage playing them with my kids and actually have fun! Turner steals all the parts or wants to move everyone's parts around, Cooper climbs on the board, Regan squeals when she doesn't get her way, or doesn't win, or if someone looks at her wrong, and the rest of the kids can't be bothered with it. *sigh* Maybe we should just stick to hide and seek.

7 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

We have had the same problem with board games. Either that or someone ends up in tears because they didn't win!

Mahaffey Family said...

We only play board games with those that are over 5 years old. We put the little guys to bed, or in front of a movie and stay up with the older 3 playing games. This has worked out well. Morgan often ends up getting board half way through anyway and drops out.

Chanda said...

I love board games too. We have tried to play with Sam and Sophia but I am sure you can figure out how well that can go. I have not tried a game for a while cause it is too frustrating. You and Dixon should come over after my kids go to bed and we can play a mean game of Mexican Train Dominos.

Stephanie said...

It's sometimes hard to play board games with just one kid - but Daddy plays a mean "Pretty Pretty Princess," when Annie's in the mood.

The Woolf Pack said...

We love games at our house. Dakota and Mackenzie like Candyland, but Kenzie usually just moves her piece wherever she wants. So Dakota and I just play.

AB said...

People have fun playing board games with their kids? Who? Where? How?

Naughty Newbee's said...

Les that is the cutest gingerbread man I have EVER seen!! I LOVE it too cute. Very impressive you got him to keep his hat on. Grant was a Cowboy and there was NO way he was going to keep that hat on. We got a few pictures with him wearing it but after that, off it went...oh well maybe next year we will have better luck!