Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Love this day

Do you ever have a day when you have way too much to do and you wonder how in the heck you'll manage? I had a day like that scheduled for today. We started out badly by sleeping in too late, so the kids didn't have time to practice their violins before school. In fact, they were late for school. I got Porter off to middle school on time, though, with bike in tow, because I knew my afternoon would be hectic, so I wouldn't be able to pick him up.

I hurried home and started on the housework and bread baking. I did two batches of bread today (10 loaves) and had that plus two bathrooms cleaned and a bunch of laundry washed (not folded, mind you) by 2. Landon had a school program tonight, and since Regan also had her hula potluck, I was planning on missing Landon's program because he told me that they were doing it during the day for the students to watch. I emailed the music teacher and she told me it would be at 2. I showed up at the school at 2 and the secretary looked at me like I was crazy. There was no assembly today. After some consultation with the principal, I found out it is on Friday instead. Okay. That gives me a whole hour free. Whoopee!! So Coop and I went home and brought some of the bread to Grandma's for her to share with the sisters she visit teaches. Then I just sat and visited with Grandma and Grandpa until it was time to pick up the kids.

My plan was to pick them up, drop them at home with Landon babysitting and go to Hayden's swim meet. I got a text while I was at my parents that the swim meet was cancelled. Whoa, two more free hours. So we did violin practicing and just relaxed for a bit. It was nice. Then grandpa took Landon to his program while I took Regan to her party. After I got home Hayden left for violin lessons. And that my friends, was a great day in my book. May there be many more of them in my future!

2 comments:

Donna Shoop said...

What a nice tender mercy!

Unknown said...

I love it when a plan doesn't come together.