I had a great birthday today. It started off with the sweetest birthday wishes ever. I was in the kitchen fixing breakfast when Regan came bouncing in and said, in her sweetest motherly voice, "Good Morning, Birthday Girl!" And she gave me a big hug. Now you don't get much sweeter than that!
Dix and I walked the kids to school, then he took a nap with Cooper while I did some housework (that sounds messed up doesn't it? Well, it gets better.). Then we took the two little boys to the library, returning just in time to pick Regan up from school. Regan and I left and met Sandy at Shopko and did a little bargain shopping. Then we went to Panera Bread and had a yummy lunch with Sandy (and Emmalee) and Donna. Sandy had to go home, but Donna and I did a little more shopping. I got some real bargains. I also got the things that were on my birthday list this year: spatulas and hot pads. What HAS become of me?
We played outside for the rest of the afternoon. Dix barbecued some chicken and we had a yummy dinner. We didn't have much time to eat before Hayden had to leave for orchestra (he has one hour at home on Monday afternoons), so I opened my presents at the table while everyone was eating and then we put my candles in my mashed potatoes and sang happy birthday. Dix took Hayden to orchestra and then I met him at the gym for an evening workout. It was fun working out together. Landon and Regan enjoyed the play land while Porter stayed home to babysit the two little boys. We were all back home by about 9 and did scriptures and prayers together and got everyone to bed. Dix wants to do more birthday stuff on Friday i.e. dinner out and a real cake, but I've had plenty of birthday today. It's nice getting calls from friends and it was fabulous having Dixon home. It was a great day.
I have a busy day tomorrow with Hayden's violin lessons before school, getting the kids to school and volunteering. It's a little tricky to get it all done, but if I'm up early I can have everything and everyone ready in time. Carolyn is coming over to watch the kids for me while I go in to help in the school.
8 comments:
Aw, Happy Birthday! I do remember you have a September b-day but didn't remember the date. Finally 37? You're still so young! :)
Glad you had a good birthday. Spatulas & hot pads are practical.
You have a September birthday too? How great! Did my birthday blog inspire you to look at your number differently?! I hope you will have many wonderful blessings to fill your new number with! -Pam-
Sweet, that is two people in your family that share birthdays with someone in mine. You and Kenzie! Happy birthday, you are one awesome lady!!!
Happy Birthday! Glad you had a good day!
Happy Birthday Les! What, no gifts of socks or trash bags? There's always next year...J/K!
37 no way. How can that possibly be when I am your aunt and born before you and I am still 29. Well Happy Birthday old lady. Sorry this greeting is so late.
Les,
Happy Birthday!! Sounds like a fun day spent with family and good friends and some new spatulas. You can always use some new spatulas in the kitchen!
Post a Comment