Friday, September 19, 2008

Where did this kid come from? And can I send him back?

Turner is an interesting kid. He certainly keeps me busy. ALL DAY. So today he has been quite naughty and has been in time out a lot. A little while ago, after a recent trip to time out for hitting his brother with a toy, I overheard him crying in his room, "My mommy called me a butthead!" No, I didn't (in case you're wondering), but maybe I should have. Since he thinks I did, anyway!

A few minutes later I heard him talking about poop, so I went in to see if he needed help going to the bathroom. But what he was saying was, "I KNOW I can poop out an egg. I KNOW I can!"

And yesterday he peed on the dog.

BUT....he is really cute. A few weeks ago, as he was playing chicken with the passing cars, he said, "I just smile at them, like this, and they stop." And he did the sweetest smile that you've ever seen. That would've melted my heart if he hadn't been in the middle of the street. Little stinker.

9 comments:

Donna Shoop said...

He is something else! Good thing he is sooo cute.... We love Turner!

Stephanie said...

My little brother used to go out in the middle of the road and put out his hand and say "stop" to oncoming traffic. Luckily, cars would stop for him, but he got no end of grief from my mother. It's a wonder any kid ever grows up to be an adult.

Kathy Habel said...

He and Kylie could make a good team. It's probably a good thing we don't live next to each other.

Janet said...

reminds me of Hayden smiling at people so they would say how cute he was. But Hayden did it at the airport, not the middle of the road. If I tried that trick, I'd be run over, except they wouldn't want to hurt their cars.

Michelle said...

I'm so glad my kids aren't the only one's that do the exact opposite of what you want them to do sometimes. I found Ryden hiding under the dining room table with a tub of chocolate icing the other morning. He must really love that stuff! He and Turner would make quit a duo....

Mahaffey Family said...

What a little spit-fire you have! I am convinced that Heavenly Father sends them to us in such a cute package as a survival method! You just can't help but love that little face!

The Woolf Pack said...

Man alive, these 3 year olds could lead to our demise. :)

AB said...

We used this for our bedtime story tonight. Emma and Dedan laughed pretty hard. Thanks for the entertainment!

Naughty Newbee's said...

I just LOVE reading your stories they are so funny! Is this what I have to look forward to with Grant?? I tell ya, if Grant was my first I would have been done. My girls and him are so different. It is fun though I will say.