Also today u-pick opened up at Spooner Farms so we went and picked some strawberries. We had so much fun. I made about 12 quarts of jam tonight. Too bad I'm out of bread. Porter and Hayden stayed up late helping me. They weren't much help, but they were good company.

Here the kids are when we were just getting started. Pretty clean still.

Porter found a heart shaped one. Awwwww.

As long as Cooper had a continual stream of strawberries, he was happy. He just chilled out in the stroller for most of the time that we were picking.

After a while he got tired of the stroller and believe it or not, tired of eating strawberries. So I took him out and held him, but he wanted down, so I let him sit and crawl in the dirt (sixth child, remember?) He had a great time, but got a little dirty.

Turner had a lot of fun. At one point he picked up a strawberry, inspected it closely, and proclaimed that it looked like a rear end. Then he popped it in his mouth, chewed it up and said, "Hey, it tooted!" What a funny boy.

When we got our two flats semi full, we headed for home. I stopped at the grocery store and picked up some canning lids and turned on the jam factory tonight. It smells so good in here right now!
2 comments:
Mmmmm...I love strawberries! Looks like fun! :)
Gosh, I just want to eat that first picture right up. Yummmmm
Post a Comment