We finally saw the sun this weekend. It's been great and makes us all a little cheerier. We did some yardwork on Saturday (as well as lots of housework!) and even finally moved the swingset from my parents house to our house. Father's day was nice. Dix was treated to a delicious breakfast of toast with PB&honey, then off to 9am church, then a four hour nap after church while I kept the kids entertained. I took them for a walk in the sunshine. I love Sunday afternoon walks. Dale came over for dinner and dessert. Right before he left, the kids went out back and jumped on the trampoline (not a usual Sunday activity around here). All of a sudden I heard a scream that meant, "I'M HURT!" I ran out to check and it was Regan. Dale was carrying her inside. Porter bounced her as she was trying to get off and she twisted her ankle really bad. She couldn't walk on it at all.
Since she's a little bit dramatic, I figured she was exaggerating and I would trick her into walking so that I could prove that it wasn't really hurt that bad. But my plan didn't work. She never did try and when she would accidentally bump it, she started crying. Hmmm, maybe she's really hurt. So I called the doctor this afternoon at 1:30 and was in the office at 2. The doctor checked her out and sent us to radiology. Thankfully the x-rays looked good, there was no fracture, just a bad sprain. So we walked out (well, I walked out pushing Regan and Cooper in the stroller!) $50 poorer and with a pair of crutches ($25 co-pay, $25 for the crutches which she will probably never use, but Turner thinks they're guns so at least they're good for something!). She laid around all day today ordering Porter around (he was feeling very sorry for hurting her!), and from the looks of her very swollen ankle, she will be laying around for a few more days.
Landon has his last den meeting of the school year tomorrow and they're just playing games. He wanted so bad to bring marshmallow guns to share. So today I went to Lowe's and got PVC and fittings to make enough guns for his den. I also bought a few bags of mini-marshmallows. We sat outside and cut the PVC up into the correct sizes and assembled about 8 guns, then bagged up 8 more to send with Landon to scouts. The kids were running up and down the street shooting each other. They had so much fun. We're going to have obese squirrels, raccoons and opossums in our neighborhood by the end of the summer.
Only three more days of school! Hip-hip hooray!
3 comments:
Oh, poor Regan! Sprained ankles are the worst, well maybe not as bad as a broken one. I hope she feels better.
Bummer about Regan's ankle! Just when Summer is starting too! Hope she's feeling better soon.
Sorry about Regan's ankle, poor thing! I'm glad to hear that someone else has school well into June as well. All our family in Colorado get out the end of May, and can't believe we are STILL in school!
Post a Comment