Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm feeling hot, hot, hot

I know I shouldn't complain about the heat. We lived in Arizona for a long time for heaven's sakes. But we had a pool there. And air conditioning. I was tempted to attend all three wards today just to stay in the air conditioning. But I had to go home and take care of my sick little Turner. He started acting sick at the Cub Scout thing last night, so Dix and I drew straws and I got the short one so I took the other five kids to church while he stayed home and took care of T. He slept in until 11, then he napped on and off during the day. He was very fevered and lethargic. And it seems that it would be even more miserable to be fevered when your house is 86 degrees. Poor little dude. His fever went up to 105, but we've managed to keep it down with tylenol (which we had to borrow from our neighbors--we were out!). But he just wanted to wrap up in his special blanket (which happens to be my special blanket from when I was a baby. I think my mom made it for me!), so we let him fall asleep that way, then we would unwrap him.


The rest of us just sat in front of the fan and ate popsicles today.



The boys discovered that the garage was actually cooler than the rest of the house by a couple blessed degrees, so they went out and played a little ping pong on our newly acquired (given to us by our friends the Blumes) ping pong table.





The windows are all open now and we'll see how cool we can get the house by morning. I think today was supposed to be the hottest day. Hopefully we'll have some good weather this week--you know, mid seventies, the way summer weather should be! I'm totally out of bread so I'm doing a batch tonight so that I don't have to heat my house up in the morning. My kids are dying without bread because of all the strawberry jam we did this week!

2 comments:

Gillian said...

Oh the heat! Who says you don't need A/C in Washington? Our house got up to a whopping 84 degrees yesterday and I thought we were going to die! Hope your little guy feels better soon...I couldn't imagine running a fever during that heat wave. How miserable! :(

The Woolf Pack said...

I'm sorry for poor Turner. I hope he feels better. It's hard but you have to enjoy the heat while it is here, otherwise you will miss it! :)