Thursday, April 23, 2009

Waiting for Grandma and Grandpa

I posted this one on the Abersold family blog, but I decided to share it with all of the readers on my blog since it is so cute! Just a little background info--my parents are on a mission in Germany and have been gone about 16 months, with about two months left to go. They live just down the street from us--about a two minute walk. Landon is especially close to my parents.

Tonight Landon was chatting to me as he was cleaning up his room (he never stops talking!). He told me why he was wearing his bathrobe.

“Mom, you know how I haven’t worn my bathrobe in a really long time?”

“Mmm-hmmm.”

“You know why I’m wearing it now?”

“No, why?”

“Because when I move in this summer…”

“Move in?”

“Yeah, with Grandma and Grandpa. I’m going to be there a lot, so it will be like I’m moving in.”

(With a smirk) ”Okay, so when you move in…”

“I have to wear a bathrobe. Grandma and Grandpa always wear bathrobes. And eat granola.”

That’s why my bag of granola is disappearing so quickly! Landon is just warming up so he’ll be ready to move in!

4 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

That is so funny, your kids just crack me up!
I'll bet you are all excited for the grandparents to get home.

Gillian said...

It's already been 16 months? I swear they just left!

Unknown said...

I've met your Mom and I know what a go-er she is. But, this story makes me invision a robe-wearing, granola-eating, lazy loafer. It's funny the way kids perceive adults, right?

LMS said...

That's true. They do eat granola, with grapes and other stuff. I am not sure about the bathrobes. I think they were on their best behavior when we were there.