Thursday, August 7, 2008

All's well that ends well

I was going to have a quiet day at home today. Well, I was planning a grocery shopping trip this morning, but other than that it was to be a quiet day at home. But at 9 am, Sandy called me and asked if we were going to go to the free movie. I decided to take the kids since it sounded like a cute movie. The kids (especially Landon) really enjoyed "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium." Turner and Cooper, on the other hand...well, I was out in the lobby a lot. We had free lunch at the school and Landon went home with Adam to go swimming. I filled up the little wading pool on the deck for the remaining kids--Regan, Marilyn, Turner and Cooper. The dumb dog ate a chunk out of the top of the pool so it didn't inflate properly. The kids were a little frustrated at first, but they made the most of it and played in it until it drained out. I still needed to go grocery shopping, though, so at about 2 or 3 I left Porter babysitting Turner and I took Marilyn, Regan and Cooper with me to Costco. On our way home we swung by to pick Landon up. At which point my car broke down again. At least I was in my friend's driveway. Argh. So Kurt came over to save me (and he brought Turner to me--Porter was so caught up in reading "The Candy Shop War" that he wouldn't leave the house!)(thanks for the recommendation Jessie!). He got the belt back on my car again, but obviously there is a reason that the belt keeps coming off, so we need to try to figure that out this weekend. Meanwhile, we stayed at Sandy's till about 10 which was lots of fun. So here it is midnight and I finally got my family room picked up and my kitchen cleaned. Oh yes, and all my Costco food put away. Which is what I wanted to get done today. So I guess all's well that ends well.


3 comments:

Gillian said...

Love your littlest ones big blue eyes! Adorable.

The Woolf Pack said...

Sorry about the car thing, ours just broke down to. Hopefully you find out what is wrong. Sounds like you guys are enjoying your summer. We miss you!

Michelle said...

Wow, Cooper looks so much like Raegan! What a cutie. We got a new computer and I lost your email, please send it to me. Mine is shellnbrent@cox.net!