The little boys and I did a little housework this morning, but we could barely focus because we were so excited for the kids to be done with school! I walked to the school with the boys sans stroller for the first time (note to self: stay near Cooper at all times, he is not to be trusted), and the kids were nearly walking on air as they crossed the crosswalk! There were some teachers holding a big goodbye sign and blowing bubbles for the kids to walk through. It was cute. Regan kept yelling, "Goodbye school, HELLOOOOOO Summer!" The whole way home. Totally funny.
I taught a noon piano lesson, then home for lunch and we arranged a little playdate at Tolmie State Park. It was totally fun. We had a beautiful day for it. Only regrets: 1) that we took our dog, and 2) that we had to leave so soon. I had to pick Hayden and some friends up from an end of Seminary year party at the Cramers, so we were only at the beach for about an hour. Then it was an hour of driving between picking kids up and dropping them off (including dropping Hayden off at swim team). We played outside for the rest of the afternoon, then finished our evening with dinner, showers and a movie while the big kids had mutual. Hayden went straight from mutual to a party at a friends.
If today is any indication of the rest of our summer, it is going to be a fun-filled couple of months!
1 comment:
I'm excited for your summer to begin. Dakota isn't out until August, so it doesn't really feel like we get a summer break. Have fun!
Post a Comment