Sunday, July 12, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Home is a little sweeter now with Grandma and Grandpa around again. They arrived home on the evening of July 1st after an 18 month church mission in Germany. We have overwhelmed them with visitors throughout the day and night. It is nice living just down the street. The kids can run down and visit when they want. Grandma and Grandpa can send them home when they're tired of them. Regan and Landon have been regular visitors over there. We've been on walks and bike rides and we've had several meals together. We've been so busy having fun that I haven't taken pictures or anything.

Carolyn posted about Mom's belated birthday celebration here.

We went to the zoo as a big group on Friday. It was a little overwhelming with 9 children. When I take my children to the zoo, they do a pretty good job staying close to me. But when there are other children with us--cousins, in this case--they get a little crazy. So it was hard keeping track of some of the kids. But we all made it home (after about a 2 hour drive to get about 30 miles). We had a really good time, but boy were we tired.

We had a nice Sunday today, spending time at home with our immediate family, and then visiting with Grandma and Grandpa, and my brothers at my parents' house. Hayden, Porter and I visited again after the little ones were in bed, and I tried to teach Hayden how to play Gin Rummy. But since Grandpa and I hadn't played it for so long, so we forgot some of the rules, and since Grandpa kept CHEATING, it was fruitless. But fun. I love my parents. I'm glad they're back.

3 comments:

Dale Abersold said...

Don't blame your poor play as a reason Hayden didn't learn the game. Cheating - I doubt it! I'm an RM2

Unknown said...

Welcome back to your folks! I bet it is so great to have them to close again. I'm a little jealous...

Kathy Habel said...

Yeah. How nice to have them back and close.