Turner is so much better behaved now, I can't even believe he's the same kid. He's really fun to take on errands. He just stands next to the cart and talks to everyone he sees (the cashier was 64 years old!). He doesn't beg for stuff and he doesn't complain, whine or run around. I don't know what happened to this kid, but could it please happen to the rest of my kids? Anyway, he was great on our errands. Cooper does great too, as long as he's in the cart. Once we got to the library, he TOOK OFF! He just runs and laughs as you're chasing him. Little stinker. Anyway, we made it home from our errands and played outside for a little while, then came in for lunch and naptime. Cooper napped while Turner and I played with the magnet letters and looked at some library books. He also helped me with laundry and some cleaning. He's sure a helper!
Carolyn called and invited us to her neighborhood pool, so I texted Hayden to tell him not to ride the bus home, but that we would pick him up on our way over there. He's such an obedient boy to keep his cell phone off at school. So he didn't get the message. It took us about 15 minutes to get back out of the school parking lot and Hayden actually beat us home. We picked him up and the kids snacked on string cheese and apples (that's our standard snack) on the way to Carolyn's.
We had a lot of fun. The big boys took off and had a great time cannonballing and just swimming around. It took Regan a few minutes, but she finally remembered how to swim. Turner wore a life jacket and swam around on his own, as happy as could be. (I'm sure he knew how old everyone in the pool was by the time we left, though. That's his favorite question.) Cooper didn't like it so much. I wasn't worried, though, because all of my kids were a little afraid of the pool at his age at the beginning of swim season. I just held him close and gradually got him adjusted. It was nice and warm, so that was great. Hayden was blowing bubbles for him and that got him laughing and having fun.

We left around 4:30 to head back to Lacey. Hayden had a tryout for a swim club that he'll be training with this summer. He made it to the top level, so he'll be swimming six days a week for two hours at a time. He's going to be one tired boy.

After his tryout, we hurried home and had dinner, and then Dix and the big boys went off to mutual while I bathed the little kids and helped them with homework and practicing. Besides Cooper pooping on the bath mat, it was a good evening at home (I'm not complaining, though, it was better than him pooping in the tub with his big brothers in it!). Now it's off to bed so I can get up at 5:30 to go running!
3 comments:
I'm glad everyone had so much fun! It's a lot more fun for Lacy to swim with cousins, so come over any time.
I think I haven't been on the computer for about a week & I have missed a lot of your posts!
I'm glad the weather is letting you guys swim, we LOVE swimming now.
We sure miss you guys!
Way to go Hayden. 2 hours of swimming would kill me!
Post a Comment