
By morning I was really worried. We called our Bishop, who lives right across the street, to come over and help give Regan a blessing. He also helped load her up into the car a little while later so I could take her to urgent care. It was not easy to load her. She was in a lot of pain. I dropped the boys off at their friends' house (thanks so much, Chanda!), the big kids at school, and then took Regan in to be seen. After several x-rays, and lots of questions, we had no answers. They ruled out a few things, but give a diagnosis of random joint pain. Or something like that. I had to carry her everywhere she went until early in the afternoon. Carolyn and the girls came over to relieve Chanda by taking the boys home, but I showed up just as they did, so we ended up playing. Regan watched a movie with her cousins and then attempted to walk up the stairs. She did it! After about an hour or so she decided to get dressed and then she went outside. She hobbled around for quite a while, but eventually was only just limping. When she saw the boys walking home from school, she hobbled in their direction yelling, "It's a miracle!"
I took her back in for a follow-up appointment today, and he confirmed the diagnosis. It was just a weird random thing that I haven't ever seen before, but the doctor said it's quite common in toddlers. She's a little older than a toddler, but I guess it struck her, too! By tonight she was running around and only has a slight limp left. She was able to participate in about half of the stuff at field day today (mainly the bounce houses and the tug of war--she couldn't sit on the balls or kick any balls). I was glad for that because she was really looking forward to it. And speaking of the tug of war...it was so cute. She was near the front of the line of girls who were competing against the boys, when she turned around and yelled to the girls, "Come on girls! We can do this!!" What a funny girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment