Cooper was still sick this morning with a super runny nose, no appetite and lethargia. Regan had a headache and a little bit of a cough left. They're definitely on the mend, but we didn't want to send them to their classes. So Dix stayed home with them since I had to do Sharing Time today (which I think went really well, by the way). Turner was really, really hard today. He doesn't know how to whisper, he is super sensitive when anyone touches him (or looks at him, or breathes on him), so he ended up crying or whining through most of Sacrament meeting. He wouldn't sit during Opening Exercises, so he spent it in the corner behind a chair, hiding so no one would be able to see him. I think he did okay once he went to class, though. Porter had a hard time on the drive home and basically kicked Hayden the whole way. Turner was crying because he wanted to sit in a different car seat. But luckily we gave Sister McClellan a ride home so she could see the real Oliver family. By the time we got home I wanted to strangle a couple of kids!
It didn't get better once we got into the house. Fighting, contention, crying, teasing, you name it, we had it. After a couple of hours it finally calmed down into a nice peaceful afternoon. We cut out dozens of hearts so we can go "heart attack" a bunch of friends this weekend for Valentine's Day. Regan and Landon made some get well soon cards for Sister Clark and we delivered those to her. We talked about the "warm feeling" they had when they dropped the cards off, so we talked about the Spirit and how you can feel the spirit when you're choosing the right. They were really sweet. We got the two little boys to sleep before 7, which definitely calmed things down around here! I'm usually not the kind of mom that wants to get rid of the kids, but I am pretty excited to send them all to school tomorrow!
I'm going to get up really early tomorrow so I can get some housework started before I take the kids to school and then I have a dentist appointment. My goal is to get on top of my housework this week. We've been so busy the last few weeks and I've been spending so much time exercising that my house has been neglected. So this week I need to catch up on laundry, floors, bathrooms...you know, the usual. It will be a busy week!
1 comment:
That is some kind of day you had. Hope tomorrow is calmer for ya.
Post a Comment