We haven't gotten together as a family since Thanksgiving! Dale and Mark were in Germany during Christmas and we just couldn't get our schedules coordinated in January--not for lack of trying! So even though I had two sick kids today, we decided to go through with it. Kurt and Jackie were nice enough to let us change venues to their place. Dave has a newly diagnosed wheat allergy, so we had some wheat free menu choices. We had a regular lasagna and a polenta lasagna. The polenta was sliced up thin and layered in the lasagna in place of the pasta. It was delicious! Carolyn also made a wheat free cake and Dale brought ice cream. Mark brought some yummy garlic bread and Dale brought the veggies. It was a yummy dinner. Dix stayed home with the sickies (Regan and Cooper) and Hayden ran the food down to them when it was ready (a benefit of living just a few houses down!). We had a good time after dinner.
The grown ups played Tripoly while the kids watched a little TV (they have CABLE!), played some guitar hero and then we all did a little arm wrestling and leg wrestling. Dale still rules. You know, for a nerd, he's pretty strong. Hayden's coming pretty close to beating Mark in arm wrestling. We stayed until 9 or so and then came home to put kids to bed. We're going to have a tired crew at church tomorrow. I'm doing Sharing Time in Primary, so I've been working on that, trying to figure out something to do rather than talking for ten minutes and letting them color for ten minutes. I never knew I was so boring! Hopefully I'll spice it up a little tomorrow!
Cooper had a rough morning today with a lot of crying and vomiting, but seemed to be feeling a little better as the day progressed. Hopefully he'll be okay by Monday because I have a dentist appointment that I really need to keep, but I can't pawn off sick kids! I also have a Doctor's appointment on Tuesday to talk with Turner's pediatrician about his behaviors. He's just not quite right...I don't know exactly what is up with him. I took him back off milk (he's been off it for about two weeks) and his behavior is actually quite a bit better. I can't explain exactly what it is that worries me...it's not ADHD type stuff so much as maybe autism type stuff? All of you experts out there (you know who you are!), leave me some comments or CALL ME because I'm a little worried about him!
Okay, time to do pushups and situps with my boys. Good thing they're such great nags...I mean motivators. I sure love my boys! (I love Regan too...)
2 comments:
I can't believe you had fun without us there! So not fair. We'll have some serious Guirar Hero, Tripoli and other such things, not to mention singing fests, in about 5 months.
Am I considered an expert? Call me if you want to talk. Email me and I'll give you my number warrenswsu at gmail dot com or it is in the stake directory. How old is Turner? How are his social interactions? Eye contact? Communication? Does he point to things? I'd love to talk
Post a Comment