Tuesday Landon had a home swim meet. It was a perfect day because there was no mutual (due to a temple trip later in the week) and no Cub Scouts (due to Pack Meeting later in the week), so I was able to go and not worry about where and when other kids needed to be. Landon swam in three different relays (medley relay, 200 free, 400 free relay) and swam the 100 fly. He has set some goals (with some persuasion from Hayden) and is working hard on improving his form and his time. It was a fun meet, especially because the weather is finally cooling down and we can be outside without melting into a puddle. I bought the new Michael Vey book that afternoon (Regan and Turner are both obsessed with those books) and Turner spent much of the rest of the day reading. Best money I ever spent. Haha
Wednesday was Porter's birthday! It wasn't much of an exciting day at home for him. Porter went to work, was home for a while in the afternoon, then he and his friends left to a recording studio in the evening to record one of their original songs.
Thursday was fairly quiet day at home for me, but a busy afternoon and evening, especially for Turner. Turner had chess club after school, so I had to pick him up an hour later, which is the time when the school parking lot is nuts. We had about ten minutes at home to grab a snack and instrument and we headed off to cello lessons. His lesson went really well. Some weeks he is more teachable than others. But he is progressing and that is good. We had about twenty minutes at home and then it was time for pack meeting! Cooper and Turner both looked dashing in their uniforms (are my kids the only ones that button their scout shirts wrong every single time?). While at pack meeting, we had a "clean up the parking lot" activity. It was dark, and the church parking lot was pretty quiet. Cooper was near the entrance to the parking lot, looked both ways and it was clear, and he dashed across to the other side. At the same time, a car came roaring into the parking lot, with driver on cell phone, clearly late to a very important meeting. He came within feet of hitting Cooper. I was horrified, I ran off to comfort Cooper, and briefly saw the man park and head into the church. He didn't even slow down after his close call, I'm not sure if he ever even saw him. After I calmed Cooper down, I went into the church to give this man a piece of my mind (which is a big sacrifice, knowing how little of my mind I have left...). Luckily for him, I couldn't find him. It was very upsetting to both of us. It has also made me more conscientious of not being distracted while I'm driving. It only takes a second of looking down at the radio, your phone, your child, whatever. Eyes on the road!!!
Friday was a very quiet day for me with only two daycare kids. Our after school time was so quiet. Regan had a babysitting job that evening, and I took Cooper and Turner to Turner's school for a game night.
Turner catching balls in hungry, hungry hippo.
Turner pushing his friend around.
Cooper getting pushed around in Hungry, hungry hippos.
Later we went to a friend's house to celebrate his birthday.
Saturday Regan and Landon both had a youth temple trip. I took the little boys hiking while the big kids were at the temple.
Turner had cello group lessons. We spent the afternoon running errands, doing laundry, and getting haircuts.
"My beautiful hair!"
"This is a torture chamber!"
These were both actually said during this haircut/torture session.
Landon has needed new shoes for months. I finally got around to getting him some on Saturday.
"Now I won't get wet socks if the sprinklers have been on."
I'm just trying to teach him to be grateful for the little things. That's all.
In the evening we went to a friend's Eagle Court of Honor. Boy am I glad I don't have to worry about that again for several more years. We partied it up that evening by going to bed early.
I got to go to another primary program on Sunday. Those are the best. Our sacrament meeting was pretty great. Regan got to give her first talk and it was about her favorite subject: family history and temple work. She did all the research and writing herself (which you could tell...) but it was sweet and sincere. She really loves the temple. It was also a mission farewell for a cute girl in our ward going to Mexico. She gave a great talk, I'm sure she will be a fantastic missionary. We celebrated Porter's birthday after church with cheesecake, then he left to go to mission prep, and off to a friends to spend some time before he leaves on his mission in a couple of days.
















No comments:
Post a Comment