Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Porter!

Yesterday a really awesome dude had a birthday.


He has always been an incredible kid.

He was my second born.  I thought I knew it all.  He had to teach me that I didn't. 

He is a brilliant artist.

He was an energetic kid who never liked things to get too quiet.


 I have learned humility, patience and faith because of this guy.


There has never been a dull moment with Porter around.

(after being dared to eat a green blackberry. )

Did I mention he's an amazing artist?  These are some samples of ceramics he's done recently.



He and Brodie took a guitar and harmonica and these amazing outfits and panhandled outside of Walmart for some spare change.  


When he decides to learn about something, he learns EVERYTHING about it.  He watches every you-tube video, he reads every library book.  He becomes an expert.


 
 He can create anything out of anything.  Or nothing.
 He has a vast knowledge base of everything from art to physics to zoology.  He is brilliant.
 He is hilarious.  He has a quirky sense of humor and somehow always knows the right thing to say to make us laugh. 
 He can do some pretty weird faces, too.
 And he can sing.
 And he can play the guitar.
This kid is going to be a catch.
 But I get to keep him for just a little bit longer.



                                             
He is only 17, after all.








2 comments:

Donna Shoop said...

I love Porter! True, nothing is dull when Porter is around. I have loved watching him grow up into such a great young man! Love the pic with him & Melissa.. hadn't seen that one before, although it didn't really surprise me! :)

LMS said...

Fun pics