Hayden almost didn't get to do this piece. He played his Mozart concerto at the recital, then a friend played a concerto after him. Hayden was supposed to end the recital with his Tambourin Chinois, but as soon as his friend finished playing, the teacher went up and handed out awards. When she was finished, she said that the recital had gone on too long and she didn't think Hayden should do his final piece. There was an audible gasp from the crowd. She noticed, I guess, because then she asked if the audience minded if Hayden played one more piece. Everyone started clapping and cheering, so Hayden went up and played. I was so happy! I would've been pretty ticked if she didn't let him play this piece since I had never heard it with accompaniment before!
So here you go!
1 comment:
Wow, Hayden is a tough act to follow!
Post a Comment