I haven't blogged since our busy end of school days! We had an entire summer go by, with no posts whatsoever.
I must repent.
But for any of you who don't know, I have been posting on Hayden's blog, with the news of his mission.
To be honest, our summer was mostly just preparing Hayden (and us!) for his departure to Spain. You can read more about that on his blog, though.
I will recap a few of the things that happened this summer, one post at a time.
Swim Team (Turner, Regan and Landon) (But I have no pictures of Landon!)
They had a great time. Landon's practice was at 6:45, so he and his friends rode their bikes to the pool together every morning, swam for an hour, and rode home (it's about 3.5 miles each way). He got into great shape this summer. He loves it and is planning on swimming in high school next fall! Landon's favorite event is 50 free or 100 IM.
Regan's best friend from school was on the team with her, so she had fun hanging out at the swim meets (which were about 4-5 hours long in the 110+ degree temperatures. Ugh) Regan's favorite event is 25 breaststroke.
Turner had huge improvement this year and didn't look like he was drowning. He loved it and got a lot faster and a lot stronger. He had fun messing around with the coaches, always trying to push them in. His favorite even is the 25 free.
Dive Team (Regan)
Regan tried dive for the first time this year. She started with knowing nothing about diving, and ended up being able to do a few different front and back dives. She had a lot of fun and is hoping to do it again next year.




No comments:
Post a Comment