Thursday, May 9, 2013

Orchestra Concert

Hayden played in what he thought was to be his last high school orchestra concert tonight.  At the beginning of the concert, he played this piece.



It is called Tambourin Chinois by Fritz Kreisler.

At the end of the concert, their orchestra conductor, Jacob Boyd, announced that he had been contacted by William Joseph, a pianist from Arizona, asking if his orchestra would accompany him in a concert next weekend at the Orpheum Theatre in downtown Phoenix.  Of course he said yes, so I guess the SMHS orchestra has one more gig before they are done!

Here is a video of William Joseph.  I don't know yet what songs they will be playing.  Hopefully they'll get their music tomorrow!



And now, we are about halfway through our music extravaganza.  Still to come:  another concert with a solo tomorrow, a competition on Saturday, Final WVYO Concert on Monday, Hayden's recital on Thursday, now a concert on Saturday, and then another recital the following Monday featuring Hayden's students, my kids, and a few friends.

I think I need a nap.

2 comments:

Donna Shoop said...

Hayden is amazing!! But I already knew that... ;)

Erin said...

That must make your heart sing! That was great!!!!