
Yesterday we went to Slide Rock State Park. It. was. amazing. We had so much fun. Think picnicing, swimming, cliff jumping, natural watersliding. It was amazing. The two little boys didn't love it (the rocks were slick, and they fell a lot), but Regan, Landon, Porter and Hayden all had a blast. Oh, and did I mention that Dix and I loved it, too?
No, I didn't bring the camera. Darn it. So don't look for us in the following images. We're not in them. Just some pictures to give you an idea of how amazing this place is.
We started off the day with a little bit of swimming and sliding on the "small slide." Regan loved this because we were sitting right near it and she could do it over and over and over and over....
Then we headed over to the cliffs for some cliff jumping. I was surprised at how brave/stupid my family is! Dix started off by jumping off the 50 foot cliff. Porter later did that one as well. Porter and Hayden both did the 35 foot cliff. Landon and Regan both jumped off the 15 foot cliff multiple times. It was so fun!
Then back to our area for a picnic and some more swimming. Then we headed up to the big slide. We got a little beat up (it is rock, after all), but it was so fun. Regan was an animal. She was jumping out, running to the top and starting again before anyone else was even down. She is also the most bruised today. She loved it and wants to go again.
While the big kids/grownups were sliding, Dix and I took turns with the little boys in this nice quiet swimming area.
The trouble is, the water was 63 degrees. Our pool is about 93 degrees. The boys didn't like the cold water much. Turner told us all day that he wanted to go home and swim in our pool. They finally got in when they saw some little minnows that they could try to catch.Best moment of the day:
Porter came to me looking sheepish. He turned around and showed me his backside.
Both cheeks were showing. The best part about it was that he didn't notice it. A nice man tapped him on the shoulder and told him that he had a small hole in the back of his swimsuit. Small, maybe, compared to the Grand Canyon! It went all the way from the waist to the crotch seam. But he didn't let it ruin his day, he found a pair of shorts to wear instead. I would love to have been there to see his face when he put his hand back there and realized that his backside was exposed. And then to wonder how long it had been that way. Priceless.
A perfect day.
Until this happened on the way home.
I know, the tire was bald, it was time to replace it anyway. We actually limped our way home, and Dix changed it when we got home. But all in all, a great day. We will definitely do it again!
1 comment:
When I was a kid, we lived in AZ for 4 years and used go go somewhere like this park. I have no idea if it was the same place (as a kid I never really paid much attention), but I used to LOVE it! SO much fun!!! Nature's own water park! Great memories. I LOVE that Porter didn't even notice the hole! Funny!
Post a Comment