Yes, I know that Porter needs a haircut. He was getting lots of positive comments from the ladies about the hair, so he didn't want it cut. Now, after having to actually groom himself every day, I think he's ready for a date with the clippers.
After sitting in a twenty minute line of traffic to get them dropped off and then back home, I started getting the other kids ready. Regan and Landon had hopped right up and jumped in the shower (not at the same time :)), so we were off to a good start at home. I helped the kids finish up and then it was off to their school!
They are doing uniforms this year, so the back to school shopping was very simple and getting dressed is simple, too. We love it. I got them dropped off, and everyone was smiling, especially me. After doing my happy dance in the parking lot, I ran home to get ready for the day. Since Porter had just decided to do swim team, I had to go to the doctor and get Port's physical form signed, then take it to the high school to get cleared for sports, then I had to go buy him a swim suit and goggles. I remembered that I had a coupon for two free donuts in my purse, so Cooper and I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for a free treat.
He kept complaining that he wanted a slurpee because he saw the pictures of all the smoothies on the wall. I only had about a dollar left to my name, all in change, so after donuts, we stopped at Circle K for their super nutritious and delicious slurpees. Any size for 79 cents. So of course I got the 44 oz, it's the best deal. Note to self. 3 year old bellies do not hold 44 oz of slurpee.
I will spare you the pictures. Yes, I took pictures. He started throwing up in the school cafeteria. We got out of there without too much mess, but then the rest of it came up in the driveway. Okay, no more sweets for this kid!
We had a couple of hours of peace and quiet (and laundry) before I had to meet the teenagers to give Porter his swimming stuff, and then it was time to pick up the little kids, and then it was homework, playing, reading, cleaning, eating, washing, more reading and finally....sleeping.
Only to start over again today.
Except an hour earlier, for seminary.
But not as much running around.
And hopefully no vomiting.
I love school.

No comments:
Post a Comment