Boy was it cold this morning. I went running this morning after I dropped Hayden off at seminary. It was about 14 degrees. I know those of you in cold climates are saying, "Stop your whining!" But, hello! I like it in Washington because it doesn't freeze every night all winter! If I wanted that, I'd move to Utah! So I'm hoping this passes soon because our poor furnace is getting a workout! I hurried home and had Landon and Regan practice, then Dix took them to school while I woke up the beast. I mean Porter. He's lucky his school starts so late. It's still hard getting him up at 8:30! This morning was especially bad because his bedroom was about 55 degrees (it's downstairs). Well, with the promise of hot chocolate and a space heater upstairs, he finally emerged. I spent the rest of my morning doing laundry and baking peanut butter Hershey's kiss cookies.
While I was sorting laundry, I walked through the downstairs family room, which is where we have the TV and video games. Cooper was hanging onto the Guitar Hero microphone and singing into it with gusto, "Snape, Snape, Severus Snape, Dumbledore!" If you don't recognize it, go here to watch it. Sorry I'm not smart enough to get the video on the blog. :)
So cute moment number two was when we were getting shoes on to go outside. A little background info--my kids are very picky about socks. The seams have to line up, there can be no bumps, they have to be very tight (they wear socks several sizes too small!). Anyway, I was putting Cooper's boots on him and he said, "Owie!" I rolled my eyes, thinking that there must be a bump in the sock. So I took the boot off, fixed his sock up (I'm really good at it by now), and put his boot back on. I put his other boot on and he was good to go for a few minutes, until right before we walked out the door, when he complained again. I took off the offending boot, checked the sock, and decided to check the inside of the boot for good measure. I laughed as I pulled out a piece of chocolate! That might seem really random, but we celebrate St Nicholas day and the children had had shoes full of goodies yesterday morning. Apparently, Cooper didn't dig deep enough for his treasures! He was delighted to find it today!
Cooper was a real stinker today and really tested my patience (it's a good thing he was so cute!). He wouldn't go to sleep for his nap. I'm not willing to give up his naps yet, so I'm fighting this new stage he's going through. He laid in his bed for an hour and a half begging for one thing after another, finally falling asleep sitting up, bent over his legs. It was pitiful hearing him yell for his sister, "Ray-ray! Ray-ray!" He is so used to having her in her bed next to his little bed, that all he wanted was her. I was no good to him. Now that it's over, it was kind of funny, but at the moment, I wanted to pull my hair out! I had to wake him up half an hour after he finally fell asleep so that we could go teach piano, and he was cranky all the rest of the day!
I taught three piano lessons, then we had a yummy dinner of baked potatoes and toppings and a very, very short Family Home Evening. We got the little boys to bed early (well, Ray-ray got Cooper to bed, bless her little heart!), I gave Landon a haircut, and the kids got homework done.
So much for quiet days, tomorrow will be much crazier. At least the evening. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment