Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Birthday....Porter


Yes, I know Porter's birthday was in September, but I've been a little busy. His actual birthday was in the middle of the week and we were busy with all of our after school activities. Being in middle school he didn't even really get to celebrate it at school with treats for his class. So needless to say, by the end of the day he was a little disappointed that it hadn't felt really special. Well, little did he know that we had a surprise birthday party planned for him that weekend.
Making home made rootbeer.

Here is the crew just before Porter arrived home. Several more kids arrived after Porter got home, so it was a rockin' party!

Playing the Skittles game.
The kids were actually really quiet during the skittles game. I wished it had lasted longer. Haha, just kidding.
And more of the skittles game.

Kurt brought over his rockin' karaoke set up and we did a lot of singing, too. The one thing that really surprised me (this was my first big teen party) was that they really didn't eat much. I prepared a bunch of food, but really just the peanut m&ms got eaten. And a lot of homemade root beer. I think that was a hit!

So now, I have two teenagers! This should be fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday Porter! You LOOK older too.