Good thing he's so cute.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Ward Bike Ride
We had our Annual Bike Ride yesterday. I took a bunch of fun pictures, but am having technical problems and can't get them onto the computer yet. We all met at the trailhead in the morning for a "briefing" and then everyone took off at their own pace. My mom and brother Dale ditched all the rest of us and we didn't see them for a couple of hours. My dad rode with Regan (believe it or not, she's much faster than her OLDER brother Landon!) and Dix and I rode with the rest of the kids, plus Landon's friend Tyler. I pulled the bike trailer with the two little boys (one of whom can ride a two wheeler, but refuses to!). Porter refused to go, preferring to sit around at home and play video games, and Hayden was there for the opening prayer and then had to leave to go to his last day of swim team practice. We had a nice ride, probably going about six miles or so. The Chehalis Western Trail is just gorgeous! I love it! We stopped a few times to pick some wild blackberries, which are just beginning to ripen. I ate a few that weren't quite ready and they about turned me inside out! The funniest part of the ride was right as we were leaving the trail head. First of all, I want you to imagine what Turner and Cooper get to look at the whole time we're riding. And consider that a bicycle seat is generally meant to be much smaller than the bottom that sits upon it. But when a bottom does sit upon it, it kind of, well, spreads out. With that said, here was Turner's comment, right when we started riding. "Mom, your butt is HUGE!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for the laugh. Gotta love Turner.
My kids told me that mine is gushy, like a sponge...kids are awesome!
LOL.
It's awesome that your ward has a bike ride! And I don't think you have a big butt! tee hee.
Post a Comment