Then, on Saturday, Hayden and Porter will both leave for Boy Scout Camp at Camp Meriwether, down on the Oregon Coast. My dad is going along as a leader. It should be fun for them. They'll be gone for an entire week, returning home the following Saturday. That will leave us two fun filled weeks to play, plan, organize, and get ready for school! I can't believe I'll have kids in three different schools this year. Hayden is starting High School, Porter is starting Middle School, and Landon and Regan will be in Elementary school. It will be weird just having the two little boys at home all day.
I'm going to start teaching Regan and Turner piano lessons this week. Should be fun. I really wanted to start Turner on the cello this year, but when Dix was laid off, I knew that that wasn't going to happen. I'll teach a few more lessons too, to hopefully earn enough to pay for violin lessons for Hayden, Landon and Regan. I was just thinking the other day, what a shame it is that I'm not teaching any of my kids to play the piano. It is a very useful skill. It seems that fewer and fewer play. In fact, I played the organ in Sacrament Meeting last Sunday because the three regulars were all gone. I didn't do that great, but I really enjoyed it (once it was over, that is!). I think I'm going to go over to the church once a week to practice on the organ so I can do it again. (Anyone in my ward who is reading this: Please keep this high security information to yourself!)
Let the week begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment