Thursday, March 19, 2009

Landon's birthday

I can't believe little Landon is 9! And I have to get this posted because we will soon be celebrating Regan's birthday! Agh! It's birthday season at the Olivers! He started off his birthday vomiting several times in the night, so I was ready to make phone calls to cancel his birthday party and I told him we couldn't go to the Pinewood Derby. Oh, he was so sad. But he didn't complain. He just sighed and said, "I know." It just broke my heart. After an hour or so of him feeling fine, just a little tired, I decided that I was going to be a bad mom and let him go anyway. He had a lot of fun and really felt fine. His car did well. He came in somewhere in the top ten--out of about twenty. There were no tears from him during the races, so it was a great Pinewood Derby from my point of view! Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures of his car. Just some videos which aren't downloading, so sorry. (Breathe a sigh of relief now!)

After the Pinewood Derby, we came home and prepared for the party. Landon always talks me into having more friends over than I want. He has several really close friends, and then there are usually a few more from school that he wants to invite, so somehow he always gets about a dozen. This year was no different. And they all came! Yes, every boy that got an invitation came! It was controlled chaos. We all had a lot of fun...well, the boys did, anyway. About 15 minutes into it Dix and I looked at eachother and said, "How much longer?" and "we're not doing a birthday party next year!" But then at the end we said, "That wasn't so bad." And "Look at how much fun he had!" Honestly, that boy can pick friends. What a great bunch of boys he has to hang out with! All really nice, polite (and a little crazy) boys.

So here's his cake (can you tell what he's into these days?)(btw, those are Pokemon):

Playing "Guess the Pokemon"

Landon has a weird way of telling his friends "Thank You." He jumped on and hugged each of his friends. Guess he's comfortable with his manliness.
We had so much fun with Landon and his friends. Landon is such a good boy and really values his family and friends. So here's to age 9! (On the phone with Grandma and Grandpa in Germany!)

3 comments:

Dale Abersold said...

A great Post. We love to see your posts. Yes, we know they take time, but we appreciate it.

Kathy Habel said...

Wow how are our kids getting so old?

Donna Shoop said...

Keagan had a great time! I think that is Keagan he jumping and hugging onto! too funny!