Sunday, November 30, 2008

Old Granny Gives a Talk

Regan was assigned to give a talk in Primary today. She was SO excited. She wanted to look extra special, so we decided that we would put curlers in her hair on Saturday night. When I got all the curlers in, she saw herself in the mirror and started laughing. She said, "I look like an old Granny!"
I had to laugh at her. She was so funny. She put her satin sleeping cap on over it and went to bed. She woke up twice in the night asking if it was morning yet. I guess the curlers weren't as comfortable as the packaging claimed! She was also very excited to give her talk, so that probably added to her night waking.

So when morning finally came, we took out the curlers and here is what we found!

After a little brushing and some hair gel and a head band, it looked a little better. I didn't get a picture until after church. Keep in mind that this has been through three hours of church and a little roughhousing before and after.


She was very excited about her talk. We talked about the topic last night, "I can show respect and kindness to all of God's creatures." So we talked about what that meant, and then she dictated to me what she wanted to say in her talk. I typed it out for her, she picked out some pictures, and I helped her give her talk today. She was so cute. Here is her talk:

"I can show respect and kindness to all of God's creatures. I can be nice to everybody. And love others. I can share with my friends. I can be kind to animals. I can take care of them by putting out bird feeders. And taking care of my pets, like my dog and my fish and like my brother's lizard. Being mean to animals is not okay. Heavenly Father and Jesus created all the people and animals and they love each one. He created my family. He created Sister Brown's family. He created everybody. So I can be kind to everybody."

She was very proud of herself and since I was conducting Primary today, when she was done, as soon as she said "amen" said, "Now can I have my sticker?" Funny girl.

4 comments:

The Woolf Pack said...

Regan is too cute. My hair never had good experiences with the pink curlers. She looks adorable though. Nice job on the talk Regan!!

Michelle said...

I remember so many sleepless nights on those uncomfortable curlers excited about how pretty my hair was going to look!! How funny. She looks so cute (always did with those ringlets)She is really grown up.

LMS said...

You have such a darling daughter and such a ham. She is always pulling some sort of face in pictures. Reminds me of Russ

LMS said...

Hey Les
I was thinking we would do a family something when your parents get home. I have access to the city park and pavillion for free because of my job so we could do something there and have access to the swimming pool for activities for kids. Allison and I also have purchased a bunch of games and things for kids to do and I have a friend that we could rent a bounce house from. So I think we should.
Lynne