Hayden turned 14 today. It has been such an undescribable journey. I went from being not much more than a kid myself to being the mom of such an amazing kid.

Hayden was such a cute little guy. He had lots of dark hair and blue eyes.

He was very outgoing and always smiled at anyone who looked his way.

As you can see, he was very photogenic, very cute, and dare I say chubby?

Here he is around one year. He walked early, and said a lot of words by his first birthday.

I put hats on him from the time he was born. He was so used to them that he wouldn't pull them off.

Hayden always had a great smile.

There was an entire year that he wore his Superman costume--complete with red underwear over the pants--everywhere we went.

He loved to draw and had lots of patience to sit and draw for long periods of time.

He loved the hay maze. This was on a Joy School field trip when he was four or five.

Joy School graduation. I guess he's ready for kindergarten!

He lost his first tooth when he was six.

He has always loved playing the violin. He started when he was five. He begged me to let him start. He still plays it and he still loves it. Pretty amazing.

His dad baptized him when he turned 8. It was a very special day for all of us.

He's always been very close to his siblings. He is a good example and a great babysitter.

Speaking of violin, he played in a fiddling contest in Wickenburg, Arizona when he was 9.

Making graham cracker houses.

He is a good sport and has a great sense of humor.

He was always so excited when a new sibling arrived. He would love it if I would keep having babies. Hopefully his future wife will want lots because he sure does!

He has always been a great swimmer and loves to compete.

He is also an amazing reader. He doesn't feel complete unless he is in the middle of a book. He loves fantasy and science fiction, but he reads just about anything. He just started adding books to his Shelfari account and realized that he's read about 150 books in the last 14 months. Wow!

He doesn't take himself too seriously. He loves a good laugh!

He also excels at the french horn. He enjoys playing it in the school band.

Hayden is a great kid. He sets goals and then works to accomplish them. He is a really fun teenager and a wonderful son! Happy Birthday, Hayden!
9 comments:
I love the photo history of Hayden. He is really a great young man and I sure miss him. But, we'll be back in 8 months. I had to smile at his photos, remembering how he loved to smile at people and they had to smile back. He'll be a great missionary.
Happy B-day to him! Fourteen is a big one...stake dances! Woo-hoo!
Wow where does the time go? Happy Birthday Hayden!
Happy Birthday Hayden! I loved seeing all the pics. He is soo cute.
Happy birthday yesterday to Hayden. I was just thinking last week when he came to babysit what a great guy he is. Going from doing yard work to babysitting on his day off from school. Such a good hard worker who doesn't seem to expect to be handed anything. I hope I can teach my kids the same values.
Happy Birthday Hayden. He really is such an amazing kid. He will go far in life. He has so much talent and is so helpful to everyone and always does it with a smile. (Like when we moved!) I felt privileged to play that duet with him at church. Hope the birthday was a blast!
Leslie-loved your hair in the picture where you are doing graham cracker houses
We love Hayden! The photo collection is great. Superman for a year - ha! Ditto on the hair comment Les. Sooooo cute!
Sounds like you've got a great young man there! Happy Birthday to Hayden!
Happy Birthday Hayden!!! You are amazingly awesome. There aren't many teenagers that are as driven as you.
Post a Comment