We live in an area with a lot of new home construction. The ward boundaries change every few years, usually resulting in a new ward or two being created. It is wonderful to see the church growing, but there are definite pros and cons of boundary changes.
Yesterday, it was announced that a new ward would be created with parts of two existing wards that were very large. We are in the group of people that will be in the new ward, the Liberty Ward.
With this new change, we are reunited with a group of people that were in our ward years ago, many of whom are some of our favorite people. I am so, so, so excited to get to be more involved in their lives!
Last night when a couple of the kids were a little sad about the change, we sang, "Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold." It's not like their friends have died! They just won't be in the same classes every Sunday!
Honestly, I am so happy about this new ward that was created, that I am having a hard time being sad at all.
Except for this:
I JUST finished updating the last of the scout shirts with the right numbers. Now I get to remove twelve numbers and replace them. I'm super enthused about that.

No comments:
Post a Comment