Sunday, January 19, 2014

Mom's Musical Heaven

My kids enjoy making music.  I know that.  But you don't always see it in the every day practice routine.  Some days practicing is fun and fulfilling, and some days it's just checking things off the chart.  As a mom, my job is to make sure that they are progressing and working hard, but still enjoying it.

Much to my delight, I woke up the other morning to the sound of music!  I grabbed my video camera and started shooting.  I was trying to be stealthy (that's why it's from behind), but as you will see by Regan's mid-song jammie dancing, she discovered me and decided to ham it up a bit.

A little background on this song:  It is about ten songs ahead of the song that Turner was working on at the time.  Regan learned it on violin several years ago, but it is in a different key.  So Turner is partially sight-reading it, partially playing by ear.  Regan is along for the ride.  It's a great song, and the way Turner is working and learning, he will be playing it for real in a few short months.  Enjoy their rendition of "Two Grenadiers!"