Dix and the big boys went to Utah to attend the Priesthood Session of General Conference this past weekend. That left me at home with the four younger kids. We had a great time, but I realized how much I depend on Dix. He is a great Dad. Each night at bedtime, he takes the two youngest boys and reads to them. Sometimes for over an hour. He loves his reading time with his little boys. I don't know when he became such a reading dad! I don't really remember him reading much to our first few kids. I appreciate it. He calms them down and settles them into bed while I read to/do homework with the older kids. While he was gone poor Regan got a little neglected. I would call the three youngest kids into my bed, let them each pick one story, read it to them, and then put them to bed. I had no energy for anything more. I usually read a chapter book to Regan (we are currently reading
Secret of the Night Ponies) but every time I tried to read with her alone all heck would break loose and I would have to call it off early.
Plus he's really good at getting Cooper to nap!
.jpg)
.jpg)
We love our Daddy!
2 comments:
Nice to hear about daddies who help and mommies who appreciate it!
Love the pictures. Those are too funny.
Post a Comment