Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lazy Day?

Today was SUPPOSED to be a lazy day.

I was woken up by a frantic boy who was ready to go take his driving test for his license. He couldn't find his permit. It wasn't in his wallet. We ended up calling to cancel the drive and were told that he can actually take his test without it. Who knew? So we were a bit late, but we made it. And then he failed. Whoops. At least he has three more weeks before his birthday so he can still get his license on his 16th birthday! :)

So we came home from that to our laziness. Hayden practiced his violin while I cleaned the kitchen and did floors. We found out that our friends were going to Lattin's cider mill so we decided to meet them there. We loaded up (Hayden stayed home so he could practice) and spent a couple of hours looking at animals, a firetruck, eating fresh doughnuts and apple fritters, and drinking apple cider. Yum. But since we couldn't afford the pumpkins at their pumpkin patch, we drove back to town and bought pumpkins at Albertsons.

Then back home to some more housework, making caramel apples, practicing, and playing outside with friends. I started working on Regan's new skirt, which is going to be super cute. It's my first pleated skirt and I'm really excited. I will probably finish it tomorrow.

Landon got a surprise visit from a friend, inviting him over for the afternoon/evening. Then back home to get Regan ready for the daddy/daughter dance at school. Then my little niece and baby nephew came over for a couple of hours while the rest of their family enjoyed a musical at the church. Meanwhile, Hayden left to go to the musical and after, the haunted corn maze with a big group of friends. And then Porter's friends showed up for a late night hang out session.

So much fun, but by the time everyone left and we got the kids to bed and the messes cleaned up, I'm exhausted. Can't wait for next Saturday!

No comments: