Monday, February 15, 2010

Healthy, Wealthy and Wise

I've been really discouraged lately because my kids stay up way too late. By the time we get them in bed, then we stay up an hour or two more just to have some quiet time, so when it's time to get up in the morning we're all sleepy. And for those of you who know me and my kids, we don't do well when we're sleepy. I've been thinking lately that I need to get them to bed earlier, and then I finally decided that this is the week. I will have to adjust wake up times and naps (and hopefully not have to omit a nap like I did today!), but it can be done! Tonight Cooper was in bed at 7, Turner at 7:30 and Regan at 8. They all fell asleep within minutes of hitting their pillows. Much of that was thanks to a dry day that they spent outdoors. It is now 10 pm and I have spent over an hour reading, some time talking to my older kids and Dix and some time on the computer. Usually it's midnight before I turn in, which is really hard with a 5:10 wake up call!

So tomorrow is our first day of being healthy, wealthy and wise! Watch out world!

2 comments:

Mahaffey Family said...

Good for you! I am all about sleep! My kids complain that they have the EARLIEST bedtimes in the world, but I NEED it! We put everyone down between 7:30 and 8:00pm here, and the older two can stay up and read, but must be in their room. Of course, with all the snow we've had and NO school for the past 12 days straight we haven't been so on top of it! It's going to be hard when they finally DO go back to school (which hopefully is tomorrow)!

Unknown said...

Les - I need to take a page from your book.