Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Halloween 2015

Cooper decided he wanted to be a cowboy this year and he never once faltered on his decision!  It was a super easy costume!  I took one of his old shirts and cut it into a vest, but other than that, he just grabbed stuff from around the house!  He loved it and looked super cute.



 Only one problem...the dollar store didn't have the right kind of guns, so he was not a gun slinging cowboy.  He was a cowboy that solved his problems using words.  
 He got to wear his costume to school one day for a party.  They had cupcakes, fruits and veggies.  Cooper passed up both plates of cupcakes and only took fruit.  Whose kid is this anyway?


 Turner wanted to be Albert Einstein.  I had a little trouble trying to find a good wig for him.



These were my best three options.  I ended up using the bottom one, and using hair spray paint to make it gray.

We used stick on mustaches for some epic eyebrows and of course the mustache.



He looked great!  He loved his costume!  He gets really sweaty really easily, so as the evening progressed, his eyebrows and mustache slid off.

He was allowed to dress up at school on Friday, and opted to wear the German boy outfit that I made for Hayden a few years ago instead, thinking that he would be a little uncomfortable (and probably naughty) wearing a wig at school.  So here is Turner as a little German boy wearing pseudo-leder hosen!

Regan has wanted to be Katniss Everdeen ever since she read The Hunger Games earlier this year.  She was a great Katniss!


 I bought clay and watched a tutorial on how to make the Mockingjay pin for her.  I was getting ready to do it one morning and Dix suggested to me that maybe I should just print a picture of the pin and laminate it and call it good.  It took me about a half second to realize that that was a brilliant idea.  She was only disappointed until I told her how awful the pin would likely have turned out.

Landon went as Joker.  Regan did his makeup for him.  I think he actually looked really good!  The makeup really bothered him, though, so he only wore it for the trunk or treat.  I think he wore something different for Halloween night.
 And there we have it!!  Halloween 2015!  


No comments: