Sunday, April 7, 2013

Les Miserables

Hayden played his violin in the pit orchestra for Les Mis earlier this spring.  He had to learn over 100 pages of music in a couple of weeks, so he listened to it a lot so that he would be very familiar with it.  Which meant that we all became very familiar with it.  I decided to let Regan see the musical that the high school put on, and she absolutely fell in love with it.  In fact, she saw it twice.

Meanwhile, I noticed Porter singing it.  A lot.  And guess what?  He has a pretty amazing voice.  All of my kids are pretty musical.  So I started getting this crazy idea in my head...

And about a week ago, this showed up in my living room, so my kids all signed up!

So today between Conference sessions, we held our "Auditions" for a musical number that we are going to try to pull off.  I had three people all wanting the part of Javert, so I knew it would be tricky to cast the kids without hurting feelings.  

Here are two of  the auditions.  




This girl went all out!!!  Complete with a costume and props!!  There's not much competition for the part of Cosette though, when you have five brothers.  

And the Cast List:

Jean Valjean:  Dix
Marius:  Porter
Cosette:  Regan
Eponine:  Les
Enjolras:  Hayden
Javert:  Turner
M Thenardier:  Landon
Mme Thenardier:  Cooper (Nobody tell him the Mme means that he's a girl, ok?)

I think we are going to record everyone separately, then Porter will mix it all and make it into an amazing video.  It will probably take a while, but it should be fun.  And amazing, of course.


3 comments:

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

This. Is. Awesome. Can my kids come join? They aren't as musically talented as yours, but they have the entire play memorized. (They did a puppet show of it for me once, it was hilarious.)

Can't wait for the finished product.

Erin said...

impressive!!!

LMS said...

How fun!!