Sunday, January 9, 2011

One Week Down; Too Many to Go

This week went pretty well. Until the weekend. I was missing Dix. I ended up spending most of Saturday running errands and so the house was, well, not exactly how I left it when I got back. So more nagging, more cleaning, plus putting away groceries. Then haircuts, making sure church clothes were clean, and showers and bedtime. I didn't have nearly enough time to get everything done that I wanted to.

Early church is hard for us. Even though we went to bed reasonably early it was still hard to get up. I pushed snooze until 7:45. Big mistake. By the time I was showered and dressed and had to wake up the kids we were late. Well, not really late, but later than we had hoped. The boys are supposed to be there at 8:30 to prepare the sacrament and I like to be early to get the Primary room ready. We didn't get there until about 8:45 or 8:50 so we were scrambling. Some hurtful words were said by some people, some smoothing over happened just before the opening prayer and luckily everyone performed their duties, even though it was questionable for a moment there. I was REALLY missing Dix after church when I couldn't get Cooper to nap. Dix has the magic touch and unfortunately has spoiled Cooper so that he won't go to sleep on his own for his nap. So I tried laying with him and he fought it for about half an hour (I DON'T have half an hour to waste!), and so I finally sat him on my lap while I checked Facebook out and it bored him to sleep. After naptime we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house and watched a family movie and baked some cookies. Then back home for dinner, chaos, scripture reading (those two kind of happened at the same time), and finally....bedtime. It has been a rough day for me. It doesn't sound so bad, but it was just really chaotic with lots of children being contentious. I feel a Family Home Evening lesson coming on. What luck, it's my turn tomorrow.

The best part about the day is that the boys did the dishes themselves. We split it into three parts. Hayden cleared and wiped the table, Landon rinsed and loaded, and Porter washed the pots and pans and wiped the counters. One of the times when it's helpful to have lots of kids. Of course if I didn't have so many kids, there wouldn't be so many dishes, would there?

I'm ready to be reunited with Dix. Except that means a move. Yuck. We should find out this week the status on our house so then maybe will know a little more about when we should move.

1 comment:

Mahaffey Family said...

My hat goes off to you! I have only had to be without Brian for 3-4 days a year for business-and I go nuts! You are wonder woman! I'm happy he found employment....sorry it's so far away. I hope you get to all be together again soon! Of course that means moving, which is more stress, but for a greater cause, right?!