My dad has single-handedly taken down our play structure (okay, truth be told, he did use two hands), painted our family room, and a lot of other stuff that I can't think of right now. You know, for an old guy, he's pretty useful.
Regan and I squeezed in some mommy daughter time on Saturday night. She figured out a beautiful pattern of colors for our nails. She did mine and I did hers. I didn't think I had the time to do this with her, but I'm glad I made the time. She is a sweetie.
Practicing. Yes, we are still practicing every day. And I still plan on going to lessons on Thursday. I am really, really going to miss our violin teacher, and our group lessons, and our violin friends (the only ones who REALLY understand the logistics of lots of kids and lots of instruments). I know it won't be the same in Arizona. At least now I have enough kids that play that we can have our own group lessons. ;)
Many man hours (and woman hours) have been spent erasing artwork such as this off our walls. Well, we repainted. "After" pictures to follow at another time.
With Dix gone, the kids have been taking turns having "sleepovers" with me. This is how my bed looked yesterday morning. Note that there is a small one foot space over on the right. That is where I slept. No, we didn't start off this way. Yes, the person whose turn it was to sleep in my bed feels cheated. Four kids, one adult and one dog. Amazing that I got any sleep at all!The countdown to moving is on. Which as exciting as it is, means saying goodbye to many people we love. We have been so blessed to have such great friends here. Here is Regan with one of her besties. We will miss their family so much! They have a friend for each of my three middle kids. We love hanging out with them. The kids could just play for hours and hours and hours. It was really sad saying goodbye.

3 comments:
Thank-you. I have now gotten my Oliver family fix.
Your Fav blogstalker
Group lesson will not be as fun or entertaining without your family!
We will miss your family so much, too. I meant to call you about Friday, but we got home pretty late. What can we do to help this week? I'll call you tomorrow to see. Love you, Olivers!
Post a Comment