Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tired already?

It's only day 2--and I can tell you that I may not survive 18 straight years of early morning seminary. Today Hayden's clock didn't go off, or he just didn't hear it. Luckily I set mine for five minutes after his was supposed to go off. So by 5:15 he was in the shower. Which would have been plenty of time for a normal person. But Hayden is far from normal. He is soooooooo slooooooowwww. He proceeded to take a long shower, like it was a normal day. I had to come in twice to tell him to get out (note to self: get a clock for the bathroom). I made him a quick breakfast, helped him get his violin packed up, handed him his backpack and cross country gear and sent him on his way. And his ride got here plenty early, of course. He will be gone for 11 hours.

After he left, I argued with myself for a little while, vacillating between sleep and work. But instead, I think I may have talked myself into housework. Oh goody. Laundry, here I come!

6 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

Mornings do come early but thankfully ours aren't as early as yours! Early morning seminary doesn't start until 7:00 here.

Gillian said...

You're such a super-mom! I would have gone back to bed.

AB said...

Maybe one of your kids will reject all things churchy in their teen years and you can get a break to sleep in! {wink}

Stephanie said...

You are a good mama! It made me giggle that it's going to take you 18 years to get some sleep.

Dale Abersold said...

I had seminary students from 1984 to 1998. Should have been 2000. Two years I was a teacher. Count your blessings.

Mahaffey Family said...

Oh my! We still have 3 years before that starts, but you got me thinking about how many years we will have early morning seminary as well. Only 16 years straight for us-I don't think I like to think about it like that! I'm impressed that you did the laundry! You go!