Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Well Check Appointments

The dreaded day was here...well checks. Turner and Regan both had theirs today. Everything was just fine until the doctor left and the nurse came back. She gave her little shpeal about how immunizations are "Super Heroes" and they make the bad guys go away. And then she poked my kids. Lots. Regan is positively perforated! She got four shots, Turner only got one. Oh, the wailing, the crying, the gnashing of teeth. And the kids were sad, too. No, actually I don't even cry anymore when my kids get shots. They cried for a few minutes, got their stickers and we headed home. I was so busy thinking about everything that my poor overworked mind has to think about all the time...getting lunch, getting the carpool worked out for preschool today, naptime for the boys, how I'm going to work out the running around I have to do this afternoon...I got Regan out the door to preschool and was talking to my sister on the phone when I remembered Regan's last shots. She was two or three, and by early evening she couldn't even walk. I remember being at one of the boys' baseball games--must have been Porter's because my friend Jodie was there, too--and at the end Regan couldn't walk to the car. She must have been two, because I had a new baby that I had to carry. And so Jodie's son or husband carried Regan to the car for me. I hope she doesn't do that again today! Luckily her preschool is taught by one of my good friends, so if she starts having a weird reaction, she'll be in good hands. Maybe even better hands than if she were at home with her scatter brained momma!

So after Regan left for school, Turner started crying that his leg hurt and he needed a band aid. Of course he didn't REALLY need a bandaid, but being the softie that I am (I'm actually usually not a softie about owies at all!), I broke out the Dora bandaids. He saw them and said, "I get a doo-doo-doo-doo-duh-Dora bandaid?" He never JUST calls her Dora. It's always the whole doo-doo.....it's pretty cute. It's a good thing he does so many cute little things, otherwise, well, we won't go there. Let's just say that he has his moments.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

So how'd she do at preschool today?