Do your kids do crafts? Mine get obsessed with something, they do it non-stop for a few hours/days/weeks, and then it's over for a few months. Recently, Regan has been into making pom-poms (or as she calls them, puff balls). Landon, Regan and Turner have been busy making bracelets with the Rainbow Loom. It keeps them busy on those days when they have some spare time. Lately though, the weather here has been dreamy and they've been playing outside as much as possible. The crafts may have to be put on hold for a few months.
These are the two books I'm reading aloud to Regan and Turner right now. Frightful's Mountain is the third book in the My Side of the Mountain series. We are so loving it. Touching Spirit Bear was assigned to Turner by his teacher. She will be doing a book study with him once he finishes it. It is a good book with a lot of deep subjects and a lot of emotion. Turner is really enjoying it.
This is what Turner did for fun after school today. He found this old hundred number chart when I moved the furniture yesterday, and he decided to mark it. Green squares around prime numbers, blue around squares and red dots in the composite number squares. Yep. He loves his numbers.
And here is Regan's practice chart. Hers is much shorter, but in reality, she has a lot more to practice. One of her squares is for review songs. The little booklet on the right has all of the review songs that she practiced today. She has a page for each day. So, in a perfect world (which I do not live in!), she will play every one of her Suzuki songs, books 1 through 4, each week. She has actually done it this week. She and Turner are both trying to earn their prize!
Here is our Family Home Evening Chart. It needs to be update, desperately. I am currently accepting applications of people volunteering to make me a new one. Ha. I just fill in for Hayden.
This is our task and chore chart. Each of the kids is color coded, so it doesn't even have their names on it. They know their color. They have the same daily "tasks" and a couple of daily chores, and then one different chore that they have each day of the week. Our chore chart system changes occasionally. I have been overwhelmed lately, and this is the best I could do. It's working great though, and the kids are staying on top of things. They just cross it off daily with a dry erase marker. They aren't allowed to have any screen time until all of their tasks and chores are complete. But they are sneaky, so it doesn't always work out like it's supposed to.
This is the behavior chart. It's patterned after the chart they use in several of my kids' classrooms at school. They have a clothes pin with their name on it and they move up and down the chart, according to the choices they make.
This is the best thing that ever happened to me. I hung hooks on the inside of my pantry door and everyone has their plastic water mug to hang on their hook. It keeps my counters a lot cleaner. Love. It.
Our map of Spain where we are following Hayden's mission.
Speaking of moving my furniture, here is what it looks like now.
And our sunset tonight. Gorgeous!













2 comments:
Fantastic. Love your Blogs.
Nice to see. I love the idea of the music review chart. I think I will be making one asap.
Melissa
Post a Comment